Which is richest caste in India?
Top 10 Richest Caste in India
- Sikh. …
- Kayasth. …
- Brahmin. …
- Banias. …
- Punjabi Khatri. …
- Sindhi. …
- Rajput. The Rajput group is typical of India’s ancient warrior or Kshatriya category. …
- Christians. Christianity is the country’s wealthiest faith.
Which religion is richest in India?
Jains are the wealthiest religious community in India.
Who is the number 1 caste in India?
1. Brahmans: Brahmans are at the top in Varna hierarchy. Main castes of this Varna are those of priests, teachers, custodians of social ritual practices and arbiter of correct social and moral behaviour.
Which is the greatest caste?
At the top of the hierarchy were the Brahmins who were mainly teachers and intellectuals and are believed to have come from Brahma’s head. Then came the Kshatriyas, or the warriors and rulers, supposedly from his arms. The third slot went to the Vaishyas, or the traders, who were created from his thighs.
Which caste is most educated in India?
Muslims have the highest number of illiterates — nearly 43 percent of their population — while Jains have the highest number of literates among India’s religious communities with over 86 percent of them educated.
Which is the richest surname in India?
Ambani: With a wealth of Rs 3,80,700 crore (Rs 3.80 lakh crore), the Ambani family is India’s richest family.
Which caste is powerful in Delhi?
Caste and politics
Brahmins dominated politics in Delhi for many decades.
Is Punjab the richest state?
₹−24,828 crore (US$−3.3 billion) (3.9% of GSDP) (2021–22 est.) ₹88,050 crore (US$12 billion) (2020–21 est.)
|Year||Gross State Domestic Product (Indian Rupee / Ten Million / Crores)|
Who is rowdy caste in India?
The Mukkulathor people, who are also collectively known as Thevar, are a community or group of communities native to the central and southern districts of Tamil Nadu, India.
What are the 5 castes in India?
Indian society was divided into five castes:
- Brahmins: the priestly caste. After their religious role decreased they became the caste of officialdom.
- Kshatriya: warrior caste. …
- Vaisya: the commoner caste. …
- Sudras: represented the great bulk of the Indian population. …
- Untouchables: descendants of slaves or prisoners.