Which is oldest monument in India?
Just an hour’s drive from the bustling city of Bhopal lies oldest stone structure in India. Considered one of the most important Buddhist sites in the world, the Sanchi Stupa with its exquisite carvings of the famed Jataka tales on the stone pillars has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What are the oldest man made structures?
The stone wall at the entrance of Theopetra Cave in Greece is the oldest ruins in the world – it is believed to be the oldest man made structure ever found.
Which is the oldest landmarks of India?
Some India oldest landmark are as follows:
- Konark Sun Temple, Orissa.
- Monastery, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Makkah Masjid, Hyderabad, Telengana.
- Hawa Mahal, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- Rani Ki Vav.
- Brihadeeswarar Temple, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- Qutub Minar, Delhi.