Such an act is usually referred to as notarization. The Central Government, for the whole or any part of India, and any State Government, for the whole or any part of the State, may appoint any legal practitioners or other persons as notaries, who possess such qualifications as may be prescribed (Section 3 of the Act).
How can a notary notarize a document in India?
Generally, documents required for Notarisation are:
- A duly-filled Application Form for Notarization/Attestation;
- Original and photocopy of the legal documents,
- Signed Covering Letter with attestation purpose and the list of the commercial attestation document from the Company of the applicant;
Can a lawyer notarize a document in India?
As per Indian Law, a person who is a lawyer and who is authorized to carry out certain legal formalities/activities including drawing up or validating contracts, deeds and other such legal documents is a Notary Public or a Notary.
Can bank notarize documents in India?
In India, you can get an affidavit notarized by a public notary at legal firms, banks, or other logistic provider locations. They will analyze the document adequately and verify what the document says to find its purpose.
How much does a notary cost in India?
he discovered that according to a list issued by the union law ministry in may this year, a notary may charge only rs 5 per page of the affidavit. this is over and above the rs 25 for court fee stamps, and rs 15 for the affidavit.
Is notarized document legally binding in India?
Hi sir/madam, notarized document is also valid and relevant document for the case if the said notarized accordance with law on documents. No Document can be held invalid for mere non registration. Your Document is fully is valid and can be enforced if need arise.
Does India have notary public?
(B) According to [the] Notaries Act, there are two categories of Notaries, i.e. (1) Central Government Notary and (2) State Government Notary. 1) Central Government Notary is appointed by the Central Government having jurisdiction for the whole of India or part thereof.
Can notary be done online in India?
You can now notarize your documents entirely online by connecting with a commissioned eNotary public by live video.
What documents are needed for notary?
What to Bring to a Notary
- The completed document you wish to notarize.
- Valid photo ID that meets state requirements.
- Any other individuals (with proper ID) who will be signing the document.
- Payment for notarial services.
Who can notarized documents?
Here are some of the most common types of businesses where you can find a Notary Public:
- Law Firms or Law Offices.
- Real Estate Firms or Real Estate Offices.
- Tax Preparer or Accountant Offices.
- Photocopy Shops.
- Parcel Shipping Stores.
- Auto tag and license service centers.