Which is the best book for post independence India?
10 must-read books on Indian History
- Discovery of India by Jawaharlal Nehru. …
- Freedom at Midnight by Dominique Lapierre and Larry Collins. …
- The Argumentative Indian by Amartya Sen. …
- India after Gandhi: The History of the World’s Largest Democracy by Ramachandra Guha. …
- The Wonder That Was India by A L Basham.
Which book is best for post independence for UPSC?
India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra & Others ( Amazon Link ) India After Independence (1947 – 2000) by Bipin Chandra & Others ( Amazon Link ) From Plassey To Partition And After by Sekhar Bandopadhyaya ( Amazon Link )
Which book is best for Indian history?
Best Books on Indian History for Beginners
- India After Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha.
- The Discovery of India by Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The Argumentative Indian by Amartya Sen.
- The Last Mughal by William Dalrymple.
- The Great Partition by Yasmin Khan.
- An Era of Darkness: The British Empire in India by Shashi Tharoor.
How many books are banned in India?
|Name of the book||Author||State|
|Nine Hours to Rama||Stanley Wolpert||Nationwide ban|
|The Lotus and the Rama||Arthur Koestler||Nationwide|
|The Heart of India||Alexander Campbell||Nationwide ban|
|Captive Kashmir||Aziz Beg||Nationwide|
What is the post independence period?
1947 was a historic year for India. … The country was free of foreign rule and there was hope and expectation as a new India began emerging.
Is Spectrum enough for prelims?
What you learn is plenty enough for Prelims as well as Mains. Comparatively, Modern Indian History will be easier in Mains as you can be relieved of memorizing too much, and you can explain your arguments with the knowledge you have.
Can I crack UPSC without coaching?
Yes, one can clear the IAS exam without coaching. … If you are good at self-study, you can clear UPSC CSE without any classroom coaching. ClearIAS website and ClearIAS mobile app are started just to help the bright minds in India do self-study and crack this exam!
Which is the oldest book in India?
For the purpose of this list, we consider all books written in India up to and including the Mughal era as being ‘ancient books’.