Is church wedding legal in India?

Is marriage in church legal?

Neither [a] state nor the United States of America has the ability to dictate the definition of Religious Marriage. No government in this country can require a church to marry anyone against its faith. Government simply has no business in the realm of Religious Marriage.

How can I get married in church in India?

The following documents are required for the registration of a marriage under the Indian Christian Marriage Act.

  • A completed application form with precise details.
  • Passport-sized photographs of both the parties to the marriage.
  • The Certificate of Marriage issued by the Minister or the Priest who performed the marriage.

Are church marriage certificates valid?

Under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 any ‘two persons’ can perform a marriage. … A marriage in a church has no legal sanctity under the Christian Marriage Act unless both i.e man and woman are Christians. So your marriage does not have any validity in the eyes of law.

What are the requirements for church wedding?

Now we’re listing down all the requirements you will need to submit for your Catholic church wedding.

  • New Baptismal and Confirmation Certificates.
  • Marriage License Application Form.
  • Canonical Interview.
  • Certificate of Attendance to a Pre-Marriage seminar.
  • Wedding/Marriage Permit.
  • Church Wedding/Marriage Banns.

Can I marry if I am already married in India?

Second marriage, during the subsistence of the first marriage, is illegal in India and the relationship arising from the same does not have any validity. … After 1955, with the help of the aforementioned provision and Section 11, Hindu Marriage Act, second marriages came be declared null and void ab initio.

THIS IS FUN:  Frequent question: Why do I love Indian food so much?

Can a HIndu get married in church?

Marriage between a Hindu woman and a Christian man is not legally valid if either of them does not convert, the Madras High Court today held. … In the alternative, their marriage should have been registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954, if they preferred to follow their religions without conversion.