Why is petrol expensive in Mumbai?
The rupee has also moved lower against the dollar, which has made petrol prices in Mumbai more expensive than before. It is hoped that the government can reduce excise duties, so as to enable rates to become more cheaper in the coming days.
Why are petrol prices so high in Maharashtra?
The increase in petrol price as primarily due to the hike in excise duty of Re. 1 per litre and imposition of road and infrastructure of Re. 1 per litre as announced by the Finance Minister during Union Budget 2019.
Which state in India has most expensive petrol?
The highest petrol price is in Rajasthan’s Sriganganar at over Rs 110 per litre. Meanwhile, oil companies have not hiked diesel prices today. In the national capital, diesel continues to retail at Rs 89.18 per litre and Rs 96.72 per litre in Mumbai.
Which city has highest petrol price in India?
Petrol price nears Rs 108/litre in Mumbai; Highest ever. Know latest fuel rates
- Kolkata. …
- Bhopal. Petrol – Rs 110.20 per litre. …
- Hyderabad. Petrol – Rs 105. …
- Bangaluru. Petrol – Rs 105.25 per litre. …
- Guwahati. Petrol – Rs 97.64 per litre. …
- Lucknow. Petrol – Rs 98.92 per litre. …
- Gandhinagar. Petrol – Rs 98.79 per litre. …
Which city has highest petrol price in Maharashtra?
The Mumbai cities petrol price is highest in the country owing to high state levied value-added tax.
What is the petrol rate in Mumbai?
: The price of Petrol in Mumbai is at Rs 109.98 per litre Today.
Which petrol is best in India?
List of Top 6 Best Quality Brands of Petrol Pumps in India
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Reliance Industries Ltd.(RIL)
- Shell India Private Limited (Shell)
- Essar Oil(Nayara Energy)