Which is the 2nd largest state in India?
|Rank||State or union territory||Area|
|1||Uttar Pradesh||240,928 km2 (93,023 sq mi)|
|2||Maharashtra||307,713 km2 (118,809 sq mi)|
|3||Bihar||94,163 km2 (36,357 sq mi)|
|4||West Bengal||88,752 km2 (34,267 sq mi)|
Which is the top 10 largest state in India?
The following are the area-wise list of top 10 largest states in India in descending order:
- Rajasthan. The total area of Rajasthan is 342,239 square km. …
- Madhya Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh acquires a total of 308,252 square km. …
- Maharashtra. …
- Uttar Pradesh. …
- Gujarat. …
- Karnataka. …
- Andhra Pradesh. …
Which is biggest city in India?
India: Major Cities
- New Delhi, India’s capital, is a modern city with a population of more than 7 million people. …
- Bombay (Mumbai), India’s largest city, has a metropolitan area population of more than 15 million. …
- Calcutta (Kolkata) is India’s second largest city.
What is the capital of India?
Which is the largest district in India?
List of districts in India
|Areas||Largest: Kutch, Gujarat—45,652 km2 (17,626 sq mi) Smallest: Mahé, Puducherry—8.69 km2 (3.36 sq mi)|
|Densities||Largest: Central Delhi, Delhi Smallest: Lower Dibang Valley, Arunachal Pradesh|
|Subdivisions||Tehsil, Taluka, Mandal Blocks|