Which part of India is cold in May?
Dras – The Coldest Place in India
Dras is a lonely town in the infamous Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, popularly known as ‘The gateway to Ladakh’. Dras is the coldest place in India and often touted as second to the coldest place inhabited on Earth.
Which is the coldest place in India in May?
Frequently asked questions
- Dras Valley – Coldest Place in India.
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh.
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh.
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
Which city has coldest climate even in May?
1. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Need a place to chill out? Head to Ulaanbaatar, a city that holds the dubious distinction of being the coldest capital city in the world.
Where is the coldest place in India?
Coldest – Dras
This scenic town lies between Kargil town and Zoji La Pass, also known as the Gateway to Ladakh. Sitting at a height of 10800 ft, the average temperature recorded here is -23 degree Celsius, making it India’s coldest place, which can be visited by tourists.
Which is the coolest place in India in May?
10 Beautiful And Best Places To Visit In May In India
- Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu. Month. Season. …
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Month. Season. …
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. Month. Season. …
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh. Month. Season. …
- Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh. Month. …
- Kalimpong, West Bengal. Month. …
- Ooty, Tamil Nadu. Month. …
- Pachmarhi, Madhya Pradesh. Month.
Which state is coldest in India?
Located in the Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, the Dras is actually a silent town which is also called the ‘Gateway of Ladakh’. This is the coldest place in India which also ranks as the second coldest place on Earth.
Where is very low temperature in India?
Leh. No doubt, Leh is one of the coldest places to visit in India. Perched in the newly formed Union Territory of Ladakh, the temperature is known to drop to as less as -13 degrees Celsius!
Which is the coldest place in South India?
Kodaikanal is known for being the coldest hill station in South India.